Saturday, February 27, 2010

2:25 a.m.

ummmm this sucks.
I am really tired. Really.
(I guess I better get over that, it's only going to get worse, or stay the same, I dunno).
It's 2:30 a.m. and I cannot sleep. I am exhausted. I don't think I added this to my previous blogging.. but I was diagnosed at my last visit, with pregnancy sleep apnea.
Here's a good description I stole off of a website for ya; "Obstructive sleep apnea is a disorder characterized by loud snoring and brief, involuntary breathing pauses during sleep. (The Greek word apnea means "want of breath.")
Sleep apnea sufferers may briefly stop breathing and then wake with a gasp, start, or snort as many as a hundred times a night or more. People with sleep apnea rarely remember these episodes in the morning, although they may wonder why they feel so tired all the time."
Well, I DO remember these episodes. Just tonight, I woke up and felt like I was being choked. It's really not fun at all. We have a glorious, pillow top mattress, which I'm sure is going to be amazing once I can enjoy it normally .. but I think it's making it worse. I need to be sitting up high, which is annoying enough, and this mattress just sucks you in.
So.. I went into the guest bed.. laid in there wide awake..
and now I'm on the couch, where I know I wont sleep much at all.. or possibly roll myself right off the side of it. But hey! That will make for an interesting entry, surely.
A few more days... and baby will be out..
then, I can complain about other things that hurt.. (lol)
But at least I will have my lil guy within arms reach to remind me that it's all worth it :)
-MJR

No comments:

Post a Comment